What To Expect From A Personal Injury Lawyer At Michigan Auto Law
Specialized experience in car, truck and motorcycle accident cases, a record of success that includes more million dollar auto accident verdicts and settlements than any personal injury lawyer or law firm in Michigan, and a deep commitment to treating clients with compassion, care and respect is what you can expect from a personal injury lawyer at Michigan Auto Law.
Better Settlement Results, Faster – Our specialized experience in serious car, truck and motorcycle accident cases
For more than 50 years, our lawyers have worked exclusively on helping auto accident victims throughout Michigan. Specialized experience, a proven track record of success and a commitment to providing compassion, care and respect to the people we help is what you can expect from a personal injury lawyer at Michigan Auto Law.
Michigan Auto Law is unique as a law firm and unlike any personal injury law firm in the state. Our lawyers do not advertise for and handle dozens of completely unrelated areas of personal injury law. You can expect our personal injury lawyers to devote their entire practices to specializing in only one area of law and they are 100% committed to being the best auto accident attorneys in Michigan.
According to Michigan Lawyers Weekly newspaper, we are also the largest law firm in Michigan specializing in serious auto accident cases. That experience and specialization has led to more million dollar settlements and verdicts for people injured in automobile accidents than any other lawyer or law firm in the state.
Why is it so important to have a personal injury lawyer who specializes in auto accident cases?
You can expect an experienced personal injury lawyer who specializes in car accident cases and has a proven track record of winning at trial and a reputation for being ready to go to trial can settle cases faster and for significantly more money than an attorney who handles different, unrelated areas of law.
The insurance industry’s own research shows that an experienced attorney with a proven track record of success and a reputation for trying cases can increase a settlement amount by up to 4x more than an attorney without that experience, track record of success and reputation.
To find out how much your auto accident case may be worth, check out our “Car Accident Settlement Calculator.”
An attorney dedicated to protecting you is what to expect from a personal injury lawyer at Michigan Auto Law
Billboard lawyers, large TV advertisers and big legal mills don’t have the time or financial incentive to look out for your best interests. They don’t even have the time to return phone calls! But a caring attorney who is dedicated to you and your case is what you can expect from a personal injury lawyer at Michigan Auto Law.
Our lawyers will make sure you are receiving all of the No-Fault and insurance benefits that you are entitled to and they will focus on getting you the best possible settlement in your case.
You cannot count on the insurance company to look out for you. The insurance company – whether it’s yours or the at-fault, negligent driver who caused the car accident – is looking out for itself. Insurance companies do not make money by fully and fairly paying out claims. In fact, the claims adjuster’s job is paying out as little as they can on claims. Your health, welfare and medical recovery are too important to trust and pray to the insurance company.
You can also expect an experienced personal injury lawyer to help protect you against the “hired gun” IME doctors who work exclusively for insurance companies (and make tons of money doing so) conducting so-called “independent” medical exams of injured victims. These doctors are very good at giving the insurance company a reason to deny the injury victim’s claim and cut off benefits, including No-Fault insurance benefits and worker’s compensation benefits.
You can also expect our experienced personal injury lawyers to protect you from insurance company tactics that take advantage of the fact that you don’t have a lawyer initially and try to trick you into accepting a settlement for far less than your case is worth AND forfeiting your rights to important future medical and work loss benefits.
A track record of successful trial verdicts and settlements is what you can expect from a personal injury lawyer at Michigan Auto Law
Unlike the big advertisers, billboard lawyers and legal mills, our lawyers spend more time on our cases, not less. We don’t have to feed the “advertising beast.” We have no settlement quotas. We just work hard to get the best possible recovery for our clients.
And it shows.
Michigan Auto Law has more million dollar settlements and trial verdicts for auto accident cases than any personal injury lawyer or law firm in Michigan.
This is possible because of our lawyers’ extensive trial and litigation experience and their dedication to specializing exclusively in only one area of law and doing it better, year in and year out, than any other law firm in the state. You can expect our personal injury lawyers to be dedicated to helping accident victims like you who have been injured in car, truck, motorcycle accidents.
Here are just a few examples of our recent settlements:
- $34.5 Million settlement – Attorney Steven Gursten secured the largest-reported truck settlement of any lawyer or law firm in Michigan history, and the largest in the U.S. for the year it was reported. The case settled on the second day of trial.
- $13.5 Million settlement – For a victim in a truck crash who suffered major burn injuries.
- $10.5 Million settlement – Truck accident recovery for a woman who was seriously injured when a truck crashed into her vehicle.
- $9 Million settlement – Recovery for a man who lost both of his legs in a rear-end truck collision. Our client had been offered $1 million previously and had even been told to take it by his previous attorney before the man sought Steven Gursten out for a second opinion. He didn’t expect that our personal injury lawyers would settle his case for the largest pain and suffering only settlement in the state of the preceding decade.
- $7 Million settlement – The parents of a young man who was killed by a speeding driver sued for his pain and suffering before he passed. This was the top reported settlement in the state that year. Notably, our personal injury lawyers were also able to recover an additional $3 million dollars in contribution over the insurance policy limits for the family which they didn’t expect they could get.
- $6.2 Million settlement – Our attorneys secured this settlement in a wrongful death case involving an out-of-state truck accident where the defense made a $400,000 “final” offer to the client’s previous attorney before he asked Steve to take over the case for trial.
- $5.65 Million Trial Verdict – A jury awarded this amount to our client who had suffered a traumatic brain injury as a result of being run over in a crash. The defense’s “final” settlement offer before trial was $600,000. This was the largest reported crash verdict in Macomb County and in the state for the year.
- $5.1 Million settlement – This wrongful death settlement in a rear-end collision case was the largest reported wrongful death settlement in Washtenaw County and the largest reported motor vehicle wrongful death settlement in the state for an individual killed in a crash in 2018.
- $5 Million – Our attorneys obtained this wrongful death award for the estate of a woman who was killed while providing aid to the occupants of an overturned vehicle on the highway.
- $5 Million – This award was secured for a woman who suffered severe injuries as a result of being struck by a car while inspecting vehicle damage that was caused by a previous rear-end collision.
You can expect the personal injury lawyers at Michigan Auto Law to review every detail of your case to ensure you get the maximum settlement possible. You can read more about the settlements our Michigan car accident lawyers get for our clients: Settlements and Verdicts.
There is a real reason why our law firm receives more referrals from attorneys and judges for motor vehicle accident cases than any other law firm in the state.
We continue every year to win record settlements and trial verdicts and to settle cases for our clients faster and for significantly more money than other lawyers and law firms.
You can expect our personal injury lawyers to be dedicated to making a difficult time easier for our clients with compassion and caring.
Compassion, care and respect
Compassionate, caring and respectful representation is what to expect from a personal injury lawyer at Michigan Auto Law. Our special approach to caring for, protecting, and communicating with our clients guarantees you a level of service that no other personal injury lawyer in the state can match.
Our clients regularly tell us how much of a difference we made as they begin to rebuild their lives.
Here are a few comments from our more than 1,600 5-Star Google Reviews describing our clients’ experiences with their Michigan Auto Law attorneys:
- They “went above and beyond my expectations in terms of his hard work to uncover the truths of the matter . . .”
- They were “absolutely fabulous!” and “made sure I understood everything from A to Z.”
- “I was represented better than I have ever imagined. My needs were put first and I was treated as a friend rather than a number. My opinions were valued. The process was always explained.”
This is the kind of compassion, care and respect you can expect from a personal injury lawyer and Michigan Auto Law. You can read more in our Reviews and Testimonials.
You can expect a personal injury lawyer at Michigan Auto Law to always promptly return your phone calls
We care more. We provide our clients with unlimited and open lines of communication. Phone calls are always returned within one day – and usually sooner.
We understand how stressful the period following an auto accident can be. That is why our Michigan lawyers are committed to communicating with you about your case, keeping you informed about your case so you understand what is happening and you have all of the information you need to make the best decisions for you and your family.
You need and deserve a lawyer who cares, and whom you can count on for regular communication. That is what you can expect with a personal injury lawyer at Michigan Auto Law.
If your attorney is not communicating with you and you are ready to work with an attorney who will, we have a Proven Lawyer Transition Plan that will allow you to quickly, easily and efficiently get your case into the hands of one of our lawyers who will make you a top priority from minute one.
Do you have questions about what to expect from a personal lawyer at Michigan Auto Law? Call for a free consultation
If you want to know what to expect from a personal injury lawyer at Michigan Auto Law or if you have questions about your legal rights to pain and suffering compensation, economic damages and auto No-Fault insurance benefits, you can speak to an experienced auto accident lawyer at (800) 777-0028 for a free consultation. You can also get help from an experienced No-Fault insurance attorney by visiting our contact page or you can use the chat feature on our website.