TITUSVILLE — The Household and Senate a short while ago passed the National Protection Authorization Act for Fiscal 12 months 2021 above a presidential veto.
This regulation will increase bladder most cancers, hypothyroidism and Parkinsonism to the U.S. Division of Veterans Affairs (VA) list of presumptive disorders related with publicity to Agent Orange.
The Veterans of Overseas Wars (VFW) wishes to thank our members and advocates who contacted their users of Congress concerning this incredibly vital provision.
We also thank the users of Congress who voted to grow care and advantages to veterans who were being exposed to Agent Orange. If you require aid filing a VA assert for incapacity compensation, make certain you get in contact with your veterans solutions officer.
Because of to the COVID-19 pandemic, several veterans companies workplaces remain in a telework capability, but the community of assistance officers have the capability to proceed helping our veterans securely without the need of confront-to-encounter contact.
• • •
Last week, President Donald Trump signed H.R. 7105, the Johnny Isakson and David P. Roe, M.D. Veterans Well being Treatment and Added benefits Improvement Act of 2020 into law.
This laws includes numerous VFW-supported bills that ended up pending in the 116th Congress, most notably the Deborah Sampson Act, which will split the cultural obstacles impacting ladies veterans by demanding the VA to deal with privacy fears and improve access, broaden the amount of money of time new mothers are supplied to come across health treatment protection for their newborns, increase staff cultural competency, remove harassment and assault, and make other a lot-wanted advancements to girls veterans’ health and fitness care.
Other objects in the legislation consist of the pursuing:
• It will demand the VA to make Disability Benefits Questionnaires accessible for general public use, once more.
• It will reduce the age from 57 to 55 to remarry without incurring penalties for surviving spouses receiving Dependency and Indemnity Payment.
• It will modernize the Services-Disabled Veterans Insurance policy (SDVI) system.
• It will require the VA to examine incidents of cancer and other illnesses experienced by services users who served at the Karshi-Khanabad (K2) Air Foundation in Uzbekistan concerning Oct. 1, 2001, and Sept. 30, 2005.
The enactment of this veterans’ legislation bundle satisfies a selection of VFW resolutions and legislative priorities relating to ladies veterans’ wellness treatment, incapacity guidance and memorial affairs, and financial chance challenges.
• • •
Listed here is this week’s prisoner of war and lacking in action update:
• Navy Mess Attendant 3rd Course Isaac Parker, 17, of Woodson, Arkansas, was assigned to the battleship USS Oklahoma, which was moored at Ford Island, Pearl Harbor. Parker will be buried June 8, 2021, in St. Louis.
• Navy Fireman 3rd Course William L. Barnett, 21, of Fort Scott, Kansas, was assigned to the battleship USS West Virginia, which was moored at Ford Island, Pearl Harbor. Barnett will be buried May possibly 29, 2021, in his hometown.
• Army Pfc. William J. Sharp, 18, was a member of Business C, 1st Battalion, 27th Infantry Regiment, 25th Infantry Division. He was noted killed in motion on July 24, 1950, following his unit sustained weighty casualties while defending against the North Korean Army. Interment providers are pending.
• Military Cpl. Roy H. Thomas, 22, was a member of Company M, 3rd Battalion, 31st Infantry Regiment, 7th Infantry Division during the Korean War. He was claimed lacking in motion on Dec. 12, 1950. Interment companies are pending
Charlie Castelluccio, a Titusville resident, is chaplain of northwest Pennsylvania’s 28th District of Veterans of Foreign Wars and is a member of Titusville Veterans of Overseas Wars Post 5958.